An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete construction materials. We are currently looking for an experienced Regional Health & Safety Advisor to proactively champion the health & safety function. Ideally we’re looking for someone who has experience of working in the quarry industry.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with the Group Health & Safety Manager and the Health & Safety Committee in the implementation of a positive health and safety culture within the business.
- Regularly review and update company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, health & safety policies and Safety Statement for relevant locations. Communicate same to relevant personnel.
- Complete regular Plant inspections and audits, and report findings to the Group Health & Safety Manager, the Health & Safety committee and Location Managers.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, and ensure any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Provide support and guidance to Location Managers for the completion of Safety Induction Training for new employees, sub-contractors, and ensure documentary evidence is maintained.
- Assist Group Health & Safety Manager and Location Managers with training needs e.g. Manual Handling, Forklift Training, Emergency Response Training, etc.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, and ensure mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Liaise with Location Managers to ensure that only approved subcontractors are engaged in activities, and review subcontractor Safety Statements, Safety Compliance and any other relevant documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is availed of at all times by employees.
- Monitor legislative updates and ensure necessary changes are implemented.
- Liaise with the HSA and other statutory bodies, as necessary, and act upon recommendations for improvements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a health & safety role.
- Third level qualification in Occupational Health & Safety is essential. Member of IOSH or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the Quarry Industry and a manufacturing organisation is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and Quarry Regulations.
- Proven ability to engage with onsite Location Managers to manage new initiatives and influence change.
- Full, clean Driver’s Licence.
Salary: €45,000 – €50,000 Pension, subsidised healthcare and a company vehicle.
For further information regarding this role, please contact us on 01 6619636.
The People Group is a Recruitment consultancy, specialising in Sales, Marketing & Management, established in 1989 and is based in Dublin 2. Our experienced team works in both the contingency and search areas, and covers all industry sectors including: FMCG, B2B, B2C, ICT, IT, Financial Services, and Telco with a focus on Mid to Senior Level roles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com