Our client is a major player within the packaging market and currently undertaking continued growth plans within Ireland. Key to their strategy is the urgent appointment of an experienced Business Development Executive to help spearhead further growth within the Irish packaging market. As a business, they are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions through outstanding customer service.
This is a field based sales role, covering a territory that will focus predominantly upon the Eastern Coast of Ireland and into Northern Ireland. Regularly working out of their site in County Wicklow, the successful candidate will not only need to be well located for territory coverage but also within less than a 1.5 hour drive from there site.
- Building strong product knowledge and using this expertise in order to understand customer needs.
- To research and identify potential customers, prospecting to secure own appointments.
- Attending appointments to fact-find, identify needs & tailor solutions in a consultative manner.
- Lead local marketing campaigns with support from Head Office.
- Actively contact all lapsed accounts to ensure opportunities are not missed.
- Initiate mailshots and follow up as relevant.
- Support the sales administration process, utilising the relevant systems including company CRM.
- Extensive reporting and analysis of customer data, using Excel spreadsheets to help track and identify new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the Data Analyst based at their Wicklow office to undertake analysis of customers.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ideally, they are seeking someone who has a proven track-record of sales success within the Irish packaging arena. Self-driven, tenacious, results-orientated.
- Other areas considered – office products/janitorial/hygiene/labels/paper/ Personal protective equipment.
- Adept at market research and analysis, sales plan delivery, direct sales and marketing campaigns.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are self-driven, tenacious, results-orientated and accustomed to ‘winning’ when it comes to new sales generation.
Salary: €35,000-€45,000 plus Bonus, Company Car & Excellent Benefits
For further information regarding this role, please contact us on 01 6619636.
The People Group is a Recruitment consultancy, specialising in Sales, Marketing & Management, established in 1989 and is based in Dublin 2. Our experienced team works in both the contingency and search areas, and covers all industry sectors including: FMCG, B2B, B2C, ICT, IT, Financial Services, and Telco with a focus on Mid to Senior Level roles.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org